Dental Implant Dentistry in Cary
What are tooth implants?
Tooth implants, also known as a dental implant, are small titanium rods that are placed into your jaw and within in 3-6 months, fuse with the jawbone. These small rods actually form “new” tooth roots. Dental crowns are placed onto the tooth implants to form “new” teeth.
Benefits of Tooth Implants
- Durability – Dental implants are remarkably sturdy and durable. A dental implant will probably last your whole life with proper maintenance.
- Natural Looking – Tooth implants look like natural teeth. You can smile and laugh and be confident having your photo taken. Only you (and your excellent Cary Family Dental doctor!) will know you have a dental implant.
- Comfortability – Tooth implants feel just like natural teeth. We customize your implants by sizing and shaping them to match your unique smile.
- Functionality – A dental implant functions just like a natural tooth. You can speak without worrying about dentures slipping in your mouth. You can even eat whatever foods you like without fear or worry.
- Prevents Bone Loss – When a tooth is missing, the jaw bone in the empty space deteriorates due to lack of stimulation. This can give the appearance of premature aging. Dental implants help ensure that bone loss does not continue.
Implant Supported Dentures
Tooth implants can replace missing teeth or can be used as part of an implant supported dentures system. Implant supported dentures are very sturdy. Instead of using adhesives to adhere the dentures to your gums, the permanent implant supported dentures are attached to tooth implants and stay permanently in your mouth. You can also have removable implant supported dentures that are still far sturdier than traditional dentures. This type of implant supported dentures click in and out like a retainer.
Schedule a Dental Implant or Implant Supported Dentures Consultation in Cary!
Call today and let us partner with you to get back your beautiful smile if you are in Cary, Raleigh, or Apex, NC!