Get relief from your toothache! Schedule a consult with Dr. Hancock.
Dr. Hancock became interested in dentistry at an early age through a close relationship with his uncle, who was the only practicing dentist in their small town in Southern West Virginia. He earned a degree in economics from Wake Forest University in 1992 and a dental degree from West Virginia University School of Dentistry in 1996.
In addition to four years of dental school, Dr. Hancock did three more years of advanced education in endodontic therapy — procedures, involving the soft inner tissue of the teeth, called the pulp. He studied root canal techniques and procedures in greater depth, for diagnosis and treatment of more difficult cases. Now Dr. Hancock utilizes his advanced training and technology to provide the best possible treatment for his patients.
Dr. Hancock is married with two kids. When he isn’t busy coaching basketball or cheering on the sidelines of the soccer field, Dr. Hancock and his wife like to hit the coast to go kiteboarding. Dr. Hancock is an adjunct professor for the Department of Endodontics at the UNC School of Dentistry and an active member of the following professional organizations:
- AAE (American Association of Endodontists)
- ADA (American Dental Association)
- NCDS (North Carolina Dental Society)
- THEA (Tarheel Endodontic Association)
- RWCDS (Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society)
- Adjunct Faculty — UNC-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
- Private Practice — Raleigh, NC (Year 2000 – present)